Thursday, January 23, 2014

Today's question is: how do you store all the baby gear that your baby has outgrown? My baby is already 9 months old (how is that possible??) so this past weekend I spent some time putting away the baby gear she is no longer using.  Here is how I did it.

My first tip is to make sure you remove the batteries so they don't corrode during storage.
Next tip for things with batteries is to take a Sharpie and write how many and what type of battery is needed on the battery compartment.  That way when you go to use it again, you can check and see if you have the right number and size of batteries before you even open the compartment.  I like this tip especially since most baby things with batteries require a screwdriver to open, and it annoys me to go to the trouble of opening it and then not have the right batteries for it.
Most of the stuff I had to store is odd-shaped so I decided to use 55 gallon landscaping bags tied in a knot at the top.  I figured those will keep water, dust and other things out while the stuff is in the garage.
I bought some tags and rubber bands and used the rubber bands to secure the tags around the knot on the bag.
Now we'll be able to tell what we have in each bag if we need the baby gear again!




2 comments: