Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hello everyone.  Today we have another post about breastfeeding. 

I work in a job that lets me wear scrubs all day, which is great, because it's like working in your pajamas.  Before I started pumping at work, I wore sports bras.  When I went back to work I bought one of those "bustier" style pumping bras that you wrap around your torso and zip.  It never really worked well for me for several reasons.  I find it awkward to put on and hard to zip, and the holes for the breastshields to fit through did not line up very well for me. 

In addition, in order to use the bustier bra, you have to be wearing a regular nursing bra, or if you're wearing a sports bra like I like to, you have to pull it up which isn't very comfortable.

So I wanted a way to use my sports bras as pumping bras.  There are several blogs and sites that talk about converting sports bras to pumping bras so I thought I'd give it a try.

The first thing I did was put the bra on and mark where the holes need to go.  I used a Sharpie, but you can use a fabric pen if you want the marks to disappear.

Then you just cut holes about 1/2 inch long at the spots you marked.  They don't need to be very big because the fabric stretches.

Then grab your breastshield:
and insert it into the hole to stretch it out:

Don't worry about the holes when you're wearing the bra, your nursing pads will cover them.

Now when you're ready to pump you just put the shields through, connect your pump and you're hands-free pumping!

No comments:

Post a Comment